slideshow:

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

'THROUGH MY YOUNG EYES' By Olubunmi, celebrants' first born.



I still remember my Dad screwing up his face to demonstrate the pain of the tough time our Mum gave him as he related to me many years ago, the beginning of their courtship. She was no easy conquest. If he thought that just because he was an undergraduate at the then University College Ibadan, that she would fall at his feet, like a ripe mango then he could think again! He had to re-evaluate his tactics because she was not impressed. He had to prove he was worthy to win this diamond of a lady in other ways. Needless to say he was persistent, never gave up, kept his eye on the ball and the rest as they say is history! As a young child growing up, I thought Mum was perfect and could do no wrong and that Dad knew everything. Dad could always give me impressive answers to every question asked. He is well read, well lettered well traveled; we are trying hard to catch up! Of course as a grown up I realise that they are not infallible, nor have all the knowledge but they are perfect for me.

Dad always spoke frankly and many a time, over the years, my Mum has had to smoothen things over whenever people were inadvertently hurt by his direct talking and this just one of the ways they complement each other. Moral: If you don't want to hear the truth don't ask my Dad!Mum has always been a loving generous elegant lady, a wonderful hostess with an appreciation for quality and beauty and who has one time been at the helm of several exceedingly successful business enterprises in the past. Those of us interested in business are trying to catch up and emulate that kind of success!I have learnt so much from my parents: to be gracious, to respect and be thoughtful of others, to aim high, to value education, to love books, to embrace truth and integrity and so much more that I hope to pass on to my own children but most important of all I want to salute their LOVE of God and the mutual LOVE and RESPECT they have shown each other over their fifty years of marriage!FELICITATIONS(french)!


CONGRATULATIONS and MAY OUR LORD, GOD GRANT YOU A RICHER, LONGER, FRUITFUL AND PROSPEROUS GOLDEN LIFE!!! AMEN.Lots of love, Bunmi